Friday, June 28, 2013

Silly Veggies!

My boy LOVES to help make dinner, so I'm always giving him little jobs to keep him busy. Last night I asked him to place the cauliflower we were baking onto the cookie sheet after I cut it up. Easy job I know, but it was all I could think of! 

I love how creative he can be and always makes cooking dinner fun. I never would have thought to make a smiley face with our veggies.  See picture below.  :) Of course I had to mess up his silly face when I seasoned it for cooking, but I did that after he wandered off into the other room. LOL

I had "Pinned" this recipe I wanted to try, but could not find it on my Pinterest page for some reason.  I decided to "wing it" and add my favorite ingredients.  After tossing the cauliflower in olive oil, I added a little garlic powder, Lawry's Seasoned Salt, fresh basil from our garden and lot's of fresh parmesan cheese my boy shredded for me.  I cooked it at 425 degrees for 20 minutes and it was delicious!  I highly recommend some parchment paper though. What a mess to clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment