Sunday, September 18, 2011

R.I.P. Admiral Scruffington

This week was tough for our family & especially Nicole! Our precious 4 legged friend Scooby passed away at only 5 years (can you believe this?) from Lymphoma. This came as quite a shock to all of us, as just two weeks ago he accompanied us on a weekend get away and held his own with 2 dogs twice his size!

Near the end we knew Scooby's options were slim. Letting him go was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do! I was extremely proud of My Girl's strength through the whole process. She was insistent that she go with Scooby to the 24 Hour Emergency Clinic & stayed by his side until the vet took him away.

The following day My Girl asked if we should call and tell her "1st Dad" that Scooby was in Heaven. I had anticipated this request, but it still caught me off guard. Scooby had been a gift from us both, so there was a memory attached. I was not surprised by her thoughtfulness and the urge to share her loss. I was sad that there was no one on the other end for her to share it with.



R.I.P. ADMIRAL SCRUFFINGTON

No comments:

Post a Comment